I’m having a lovely time subbing in that 2nd grade classroom, even with this cold. They are so sweet and behaving so wonderfully! It makes it so much easier!
In the interest of time, so that I can go crawl into bed and get a good night’s sleep to face another day of 2nd graders, I will make this fairly brief. If you have any questions about what or how I did something, please feel free to leave a comment below!
I started with a sketch from Sketch Saturday that looked like this:
Then it turned into this:
I actually used a new technique that I hadn’t done on a card before…I used black embossing powder to outline my stamped image and then colored it using Stampin’ Blends. I am not very good at coloring with them, but I keep giving it a whirl. I’m liking how this card turned out!
Here is my supply list:
- Stampin’ Blends in both the light and dark versions of Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, Crumb Cake, Calypso Coral, and Rich Razzleberry.
- Cardstock in Whisper White, Old Olive, Calypso Coral, and Rich Razzleberry.
- Ink in Rich Razzleberry for the sentiment and distressing. Plus, Balmy Blue and Old Olive for the water coloring of the background and ground using an Aqua Painter.
- Stamp Set used is Fairy Celebration
- Silver flower embellishment from Share What You Love Embellishment Kit.
- Metallic Silver Thread for behind image
- Versa Mark, Black Embossing Powder, and a heat gun.
- Banner Triple Punch
Lastly, some Wink of Stella on her pretty wings to make them shimmer as a fairy’s wings should. Not easy to photograph, but I think you can see it well enough in this picture.
Inside I kept it simple, yet magical…
I like the idea of using the black embossing powder to help me color with the Stampin’ Blends. It looks cool, too! So, what do you think?
Time for me to sleep and heal, heal, heal! This cold needs to go away as I have plenty of ideas of what I would rather be doing! 😉
Thank you for reading and taking this crafting journey with me! It’s nice to have you along! Enjoy your Stampin’, Scrappin’, and Craftin’ journey and feel free to share and CASE with me! I love to see what others create!
**If you like items that you saw me use, please contact your SU Demonstrator. If you don’t have a demonstrator yet, I am happy to assist you with your stamping and crafting needs! You can order by clicking on the blue words in the text or Click Here Now. Or you can leave me a comment and I will contact you to help you with your order. If your order is less than $150, please use January Hostess Code 3S9KHWAN and I will send you a personal Thank You card and gift. If you place an order over $150, enjoy the rewards you’ve earned and receive a special Thank You card and gift from me in the mail as well!**
Challenges this has been entered in to:
- Sketch Saturday – Challenge Week #546
- Penny’s Paper=Crafty Challenge Blog – Challenge #413
- A Bit More Time to Craft – Challenge #84
- Through the Craft Room Door – Challenge Week 15th Jan
- 613 Avenue Create – Challenge #217 Anything Goes with Optional Water color twist
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge Blog – Challenge #97
Current Happenings with Stampin’ Up! Click on any picture to get more information!
Until March 31st
Click on the picture to watch a video about the new tote, then ask me how to get yours NOW!
Click on the picture to watch a video about the:
Updated regularly! Check often! While supplies last!