How are you all today?! I am on my first day of Spring Break and happy for it! What better way to start it than telling you about this cute card I came up with to enter into the Sketch Saturday Challenge? I have fun with sketches and this one turned out cute!
Here is the sketch:
I figured I would change it up a bit and instead of going with circles, I went with a heart and puppy dog! Here is mine:
And, since I am into different ways of folding cards lately…I went with a new fun one that I learned…it’s a double door kind of fold. First card I made I had the heart straight up, half on one side, half on the other. Then at my card class this week, Crystal said she was going wonky and I really liked that idea…so I went with a wonky heart too! I like this one better!
Materials used for this card are:
- Grapefruit Grove Cardstock base, cut 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″
- Simply Scored (for perfect scoring) score base at 2 1/8″ & 6 3/8″ for doors. This seemed to work better than the trimmer scorer.
- Run through Big Shot inside the Subtle Dynamic Texture Embossing Folder (whole thing inside while folded.
- Grapefruit Grove foil hearts from Be Mine Stitched Framelit Dies also run through Big Shot.
- Stamp set is Happy Tails Bundle which comes with the Dog Builder punch.
- 2018-2020 In Color DSP for the banners
- Very Vanilla cardstock for the puppy
- Dimensionals for sentiment banner
- Blueberry Bushel ink for paws, bones, and sentiment
- Crumb Cake ink for puppy
- Paper snips for trimming the banners
- Stampin’ Trimmer for cutting the cardstock and DSP
- Adhesive of your choice. I used Multipurpose Liquid Glue for this project since it was smaller surfaces.
Here are 2 pictures of how it looks when you open it:
I left the inside blank so that I can write whatever to the person who gets the card. I may choose to put Very Vanilla cardstock inside to make writing easier because the inside is textured as well. Oh…when you use the paw and bone to stamp all over the front…stamp before you emboss…it’s easier! Just saying because I forgot to do it that way. 😉
Challenges this card has been entered into:
- Makes 9 cards (3 cards of 3 designs)
- Includes an adorable gift box—in addition to your 9 cards
- Coordinating colors: Basic Black, Calypso Coral, Flirty Flamingo, Gray Granite, Mint Macron, and So Saffron.
If you like the looks of these stamps…then you will definitely want to sign up for Paper Pumpkin! Contact your demonstrator to get started or CLICK HERE* to subscribe with me as your demonstrator. Oh, and do you like FREE products? If you buy 3 months of Paper Pumpkin Prepaid, you get a Sale-A-Bration item! Find out more HERE
Until March 31st
Click on the picture to watch a video about the new tote, then ask me how to get yours NOW!
Click on the picture to watch a video about the:
Updated regularly! Check often! While supplies last!
Until May 31, 2019