It’s the first Friday of the month! Therefore it is time for the Global Stamping Friends Blog Hop! Whoopee! I really enjoy hopping with these lovely ladies from around the globe! It is fun to see what they create! Let’s get started!
This month’s theme is Party! I love a good party! I’m from Arizona, where we can grill all year long. We had BBQs often with friends and family for any and all occasions! Now living in Montana, and actually having winter, we don’t have BBQs as much, but we do grill for ourselves more than 3 times a week! We love grilling our meats and even veggies! Being such grillers, I was so excited to see the new Outdoor Barbecue stamp set in the new Mini catalog! I knew I had to have it!
I kept it simple and created a fun little invitation…of which I am pretty sure I will be creating to invite people to our next BBQ…in winter! Why wait when we grill 3+ nights a week anyway, right? We’ll just eat inside!
Here it is…
For the steaks, burgers, and skewers, I stamped the ink off before stamping on here so that the colors would be more muted instead of full on. I wanted the black of the sentiment to stand out. I used dimensionals on the back of the grill after fussy cutting it out. Also, a quick tip to get your ribbon, twine, etc to stay put…use a hole punch to put “dents” in the side where you want it to stay and then a glue dot behind the knot. Stays put really well and is also easier to tie that way!
And here is the back…
When I make these for my actual BBQ, I will probably print the info on the lower portion with the computer instead of writing it out. I might center the invite and flames next time as well and maybe put the ketchup and mustard bottles as the bullet points for the info…kinda like that idea better!
Kept it simple and easy for this hop…love when it comes together so nicely! Supplies are listed below.
Now on to the amazing Angélique Stempelkeuken to see what she has in mind for a Party!
Thank you for reading and taking this crafting journey with me! It’s nice to have you along! Enjoy your own Stampin’, Scrappin’, and Craftin’ journey! Please leave a comment and let me know your thoughts about this project. Feel free to CASE my projects and share them in the comments below! I love to see what others create!
Blog Hop Roll Call
- Outdoor Barbecue
- Cardstock – Merry Merlot, Whisper White
- Inks – Real Red (ketchup), Crushed Curry (mustard), Terracotta Tile (flames), Merry Merlot (steaks), Grapefruit Grove (skewers), Crumb Cake (burgers), Tuxedo Black Momento
- Nature’s Twine – Grapefruit Grove
- Adhesives – dimensionals, SNAIL, glue dots
- Tools – trimmer, clear blocks, scissors
- Shammy (for cleaning stamps) Have you seen this yet?!?! It’s AMAZING!!
- Kit details: Makes 20 treat bags + 10 mini cards and envelopes
- Card size: 3″ x 3″ (7.5 x 7.5 cm)
- Envelope size: 3-1/8″ x 3-1/8″ (7.8 x 7.8 cm)
- Bag size: 3-1/4″ x 4″ (8.2 x 10 cm)
- Coordinating Stampin’ Up! colors: Crushed Curry, Highland Heather, Mint Macaron, and Rococo Rose
It’s not just for Valentine’s Day…it’s for anytime you want to express LOVE! Weddings, Anniversary, and all! It coordinates with some new products coming in our new mini catalog and Sale-A-Bration starting in January!
WHILE YOU ARE…CHECK OUT THE NEW MINI CATALOG!
Click on the picture to watch a video about the: